URBANFLIXTV TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to URBANFLIXTV, the site to see shows not just for some of us but for all of us. We provide our subscribers with access to movies and shows streamed over the Internet to computers, iOS and Android mobile devices as well as Internet-connected TVs. These Terms & Conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time, in Company’s sole discretion, and such changes shall apply to any purchases made after such changes are posted. Therefore, you should review these Terms & Conditions prior to each purchase so you will understand the terms applicable to such transaction. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, do not make any purchases.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS. THESE INCLUDE VARIOUS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS, AND A DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE THAT GOVERNS HOW DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED.
- 1. Registered Users, Subscribers, Free Trials, Billing and Cancellation
Becoming a Registered User
To become a User, submit your email address to URBANFLIXTV and create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer.
Your URBANFLIXTV monthly or yearly subscription, which may start with a free trial, will continue month to month or year to year unless and until you cancel your subscription. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (a “Payment method”) to use the URBANFLIXTV Subscription service. We will bill the subscription fee to your Payment method. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next period's subscription fees to your Payment method.
Your URBANFLIXTV membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership lasts for 7 days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members and certain former members to try the service. URBANFLIXTV reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your free trial eligibility.
We will begin billing your Payment method for subscription fees at the end of the free trial period of your subscription unless you cancel prior to the end of the free trial period. To view the specific details of your trial or your subscription, visit our website and click the "Billing" link under Account at the top of the pages of the URBANFLIXTV website.
You will not receive a notice from us that your free trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your subscription has begun. We will continue to bill your Payment method for your subscription fee until you cancel.
By starting your URBANFLIXTV subscription, you authorize us to charge you a monthly or an annual subscription fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the URBANFLIXTV service to your Payment method.
We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms & Conditions, any price changes to your service will take effect following email notice to you.
The subscription fee for our service will be billed at the beginning of the paying portion of your subscription unless and until you cancel your subscription. We automatically bill your Payment method monthly or yearly. Subscription fees are fully earned upon payment. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing, in particular, as indicated below, if your Payment method has not successfully settled. Your renewal date may change due to changes in your Subscription.
PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period.
You may edit your Payment method information by visiting our website and clicking "Billing" under Account. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment method information or cancel your account, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. If you signed up for URBANFLIXTV using your account with a third party (i.e., iTunes, Google Play or similar account) as a Payment method, and wish to cancel your URBANFLIXTV subscription at any time, including during your free trial, you will need to do so through such third party, including by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the URBANFLIXTV service. You may also find billing information about your URBANFLIXTV subscription by visiting your account with the applicable third party. For certain Payment methods, the issuer of your Payment method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment method service provider for details.
You may cancel your URBANFLIXTV subscription at any time, and you will continue to have access to the URBANFLIXTV service through the end of your billing period. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL SUBSCRIPTION PERIODS. To cancel, go to the "Billing" under Account.
- 2. Passwords & Account Access
- a. A User has access and control over the URBANFLIXTV account. A User’s control is exercised through use of the User's password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the User should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the User wishes to prohibit others from contacting URBANFLIXTV Customer Service and potentially altering the User’s control, the User should not reveal the Payment method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- b. BY SHARING THE URBANFLIXTV SERVICE PASSWORD OR ALLOWING OTHERS TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT, THE USER AGREES TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSURING THAT HOUSEHOLD SUBSCRIBERS COMPLY WITH THE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND SUCH USER SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE HOUSEHOLD SUBSCRIBERS.
- c. You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the URBANFLIXTV website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. URBANFLIXTV reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. URBANFLIXTV is not obligated to credit or discount a subscription for holds placed on the account by either a representative of URBANFLIXTV or by the automated processes of URBANFLIXTV.
- 4. Governing Laws
- 5. Applications
You may encounter third-party applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utilities) ("Application(s)") that interact with the URBANFLIXTV service. These Applications may import data related to your URBANFLIXTV account and activity and otherwise gather data from you. These Applications are provided solely as a convenience to you, and URBANFLIXTV is not responsible for such Applications. SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO WITH OR SPONSORED BY URBANFLIXTV AND MAY NOT BE AUTHORIZED FOR USE WITH OUR SERVICE IN ALL COUNTRIES. USE OF AN APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN OPTION AND RISK.
- 6. Use of Information Submitted
URBANFLIXTV is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us ("Feedback"), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the URBANFLIXTV service, including the URBANFLIXTV website and user interfaces, without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the URBANFLIXTV service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any "moral rights" in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note URBANFLIXTV does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for movies, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to URBANFLIXTV. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against URBANFLIXTV and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
- 7. Customer Support
If you need assistance of any kind you can reach us by email at Info@urbanflixtv.com
- 8. Copyright
URBANFLIXTV respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its Users to do the same. URBANFLIXTV enforces third party’s intellectual property rights and can, in appropriate circumstances, suspend or terminate the accounts of members or Users who are repeat infringers. URBANFLIXTV will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the URBANFLIXTV platform and/or website, if such claims are reported to URBANFLIXTV’s Designated Copyright Agent identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the URBANFLIXTV website by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”) and delivering it to URBANFLIXTV’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, URBANFLIXTV will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the URBANFLIXTV website.
To file a DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement, please:
- 0. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- 1. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the URBANFLIXTV website or the exact location where such material may be found.
- 2. Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- 3. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- a. “I hereby state that I have good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)”
- b. “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed”.
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Finally, deliver this Notice, along with all items completed to URBANFLIXTV’s corporate office:
3000 N. Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
- 9. General Terms & Conditions
Any promotion code or offer provided on the Website or via any Device cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offer, past or present.
Indemnity by you
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with your purchase or use of any product or services, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
Disclaimer of Warranties
COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY FILMS OR SHOWS MADE AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE. FILMS AND MOVIE GIFTS ARE PROVIDED OR SOLD “AS IS” AND THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR ANY PART THEREOF, ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT ARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT OR MATERIALS AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES.
Limitations on Liability
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO COMPANY FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE, BUT IN NO CASE WILL THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED $1,000. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO AMOUNT IS PAID TO COMPANY FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM COMPANY, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.